If you plan to attend the Training in Interpersonal Communication, please read the information below. In addition, click a link in the right column to obtain information on the programme, deadlines, course fees and course number of the course you plan to attend.
Who may participate?
● The course is open to those who have learned Acem Meditation.
● All participants are expected to attend the training from beginning till its completion.
● Participants are recommended not to have any other obligations during the training.
● If you are going through a major personal crisis or you are in need of professional treatment and follow-up for mental problems, you are generally not recommended to participate.
● The course fee includes full board and ensuite accommodation in a single room.
● Student discount is only available to full-time students. Student ID must be shown upon arrival. If the course is fully booked, student discount may entail accommodation in a double room. Full-time students aged 30 years or less may apply for a student scholarship.
● If a registration is cancelled before the cancellation deadline, the course fee will be refunded minus an administration fee of NOK 600. If a reservation is cancelled after the cancellation deadline, the course fee will only be refunded if the cancellation is due to illness or other serious reasons.
Registration and payment
● The course fee must be paid in full before the registration deadline.
● The easiest way to pay is by clicking the "Registration and payment" button on the course webpage and use your own credit card or PayPal account.
● You can also transmit the fee to Acem's bank account by using swift. Please see the course webpage for further information.
Arrival and departure
Please see the "Arrival and departure" section here.
What to bring
● In addition to indoor clothes and shoes/slippers, you are advised to bring shoes and clothes for outdoor walks, including a warm sweater and rain gear. Halvorsbøle is situated on the lake Randsfjord and surrounded by a pleasant terrain for walking.
● On some days the programme includes outdoor group activities, involving simple maintenance work, gardening etc., and you may want to bring suitable clothing for these activities.
The retreat centre
● Halvorsbøle is a non-smoking area and an alcohol-free retreat centre.
● All meals are lacto-vegetarian.
● Most rooms have hair-dryers.
● Free wi-fi will usually be available.
● Address: Acem International Retreat Centre Halvorsbøle, NO-3520 Jevnaker, Norway.
● Telephone: (+47) 6131 2900
Please see the Budget accommodation section here.