By air: Fly to Oslo Airport Gardermoen, not Torp or Rygge, then take a shared taxi to Halvorsbøle.
By car: Check Google Maps. The drive from Oslo takes 1 h 15 min, much more during rush hours. Free parking. Charging electric vehicles at the lower parking space costs NOK 200; please contact the reception.
By train: A one-hour train ride from Oslo Central Station to Lunner Station, after which you take a shared taxi to Halvorsbøle. If you arrive by train from the Bergen direction, get off at Hønefoss Station and take a shared taxi from there to Halvorsbøle.
By bus: Take bus 200 from Oslo Bus Terminal to Hønefoss, then a shared taxi to Halvorsbøle. Note that the bus is often delayed during rush hours, and the taxi cannot wait.
Shared taxi at fixed rates: Please sign up by adding info in the comment field when you register for the retreat, or by contacting Acem no later than two weeks before the retreat begins.
● From Oslo Airport Gardermoen: Shared taxi from Gardermoen at 16:45 (16:00 for the communication course) costs NOK 535 one way.
● From Lunner Station: Shared taxi leaves from Lunner Station at 15:15 (16:20 for the communication course) and costs NOK 300. (These times apply to retreats starting on Saturday; for retreats starting on Friday, shared taxi leaves from Lunner Station at 17.20.)
● From Hønefoss: Shared taxi leaves from Hønefoss rutebilstasjon at 15:15 (16:20 for the communication course) and costs NOK 190. (These times apply to retreats starting on Saturday; for retreats starting on Friday, shared taxi leaves from Hønefoss rutebilstasjon at 17.20.)
● Indoor clothes and shoes/slippers
● Shoes and clothes for outdoor walks, including warm clothes and rain gear
● Comfortable clothes for the basic yoga instruction arranged during the retreat
● For the communication course, you may also need rough clothes for outdoor tasks
● A swimsuit if you like to take a swim (though the water may be chilly even in the summer)
● The books Practical Guide to Acem Retreats and Meditative Yoga are highly recommended; both books are available online or can be bought at the retreat centre
● Abstaining from coffee 2-3 days before the retreat may make the transition to the rhythm of the retreat easier
● You register and pay by clicking the "Online registration", "Enroll" or "Add to basket" button on the retreat webpage and use your own credit card or PayPal account.
● You may also transmit the fee to Acem's bank account by using swift:
IBAN NO: NO8060260497238
Recipient: Acem, Christian Krohgs gate 34, NO-0186 Oslo, Norway
Bank: Nordea Bank Norge ASA, Pb 1166 Sentrum, NO-0107 Oslo, Norway
Please include the following information: course number and name of participant(s)
● If you have a Norwegian bank account, you may also use Vipps (#50529) or transmit the fee to Acem’s bank account 6026.05.04021. Please include course number and name of participant(s).
● Your registration will be valid upon receipt of your payment.
● The course fee includes full board and accommodation in a single room with en suite bathroom. One set of bed linen and towels per week is included.
● Student fee is only available to full-time students aged 35 years or less. Student ID must be shown upon arrival. If the course is fully booked, student fee may entail accommodation in a double room. Full-time students aged 30 years or less may apply for a student scholarship.
● If a registration is cancelled 14 days or more before the retreat, the course fee will be refunded minus an administration fee of NOK 645. If a reservation is cancelled less than 14 days before the retreat, the course fee will only be refunded if the cancellation is due to illness or other serious reasons. As a protection against unforeseen circumstances, you are strongly advised to obtain suitable travel insurance and to buy refundable tickets. Acem is unable to refund travel costs.
● Halvorsbøle is a non-smoking area and an alcohol-free retreat centre.
● All meals are lacto-vegetarian.
● Most rooms have hair-dryers.
● Free wi-fi will usually be available.
● Payment for shared transport, books, etc. may be done by credit card, not by cash.
● Check-in at the retreat center starts at 3 pm.
● Address: Halvorsbøle, Halvorsbøleveien 19, NO-3520 Jevnaker, Norway.
● Contact the Acem office by e-mail or telephone (+47-23118700) if you have further questions.
in Oslo or near Oslo Airport Gardermoen: Please check booking.com or similar websites.