● Halvorsbøle follows NHO's guidelines for safe service and safe accommodation. The information below has been updated in order to secure infection prevention.
● General rules apply: 1 m distance (includes dining hall, group rooms, lecture hall, yoga rooms, etc.), wash or sanitise your hands (antibac available), cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze (throw used tissues in the trash), or cough or sneeze into your elbow if you don't have a tissue. Persons with symptoms are asked to stay at home or to return home.
● The official language is English.
● On some international retreats, guidance groups and simultaneous translation in other languages will be provided when needed. See each retreat for details.
● The course fee includes full board and ensuite accommodation in a single room.
● The early-bird course fee, when there is one, is only available to participants residing outside Scandinavia, and only before the early-bird fee deadline.
● Student discount is only available to full-time students. Student ID must be shown upon arrival. If the course is fully booked, student discount may entail accommodation in a double room. Full-time students of 30 years or less may apply for a student scholarship.
● If you need to withdraw your registration, please inform Acem at your earliest convenience. In the corona period, no administration fee will be deducted from your refund.
Registration and payment
● The course fee must be paid in full before the registration deadline.
● The easiest way to pay is by clicking the "Registration and payment" button on the course presentation page and use your own credit card or PayPal account.
● You can also transmit the fee to Acem's bank account by using swift. Kindly write the course number in the payment information. You will receive a confirmation when your payment has been registered. Please show the payment receipt when you check in at the retreat.
- Bank name: Nordea Bank Norge ASA
- Bank address: Pb 1166 Sentrum, NO-0107 Oslo, Norway
- Swift code/BIC: NDEANOKK
- Country code: NO
- IBAN (account) number: NO8060260497238
From Oslo Airport Gardermoen (not Oslo Airport Torp): In the corona period, we will arrange shared taxi transport from Oslo Airport Gardermoen on the first day of the retreat at 16.45, as well as back to the airport on the last day of the retreat at 14.00 (estimated arrival: 15:30), at a fixed price: NOK 600 one way.
Sign up by adding info in the comment field when you register for the retreat, or by contacting Acem no later than two weeks before the retreat begins; leave your mobile phone number, flight number and scheduled arrival time.
If your flight is delayed, the shared taxi may have to leave without you. An individual taxi from the airport to the retreat centre may cost NOK 1,850.- or more.
Note that there is currently no airport bus from Gardermoen to Jevnaker. The only alternative to a full taxi ride is taking train R11 to Sandvika and bus 200 (Brakar) from Sandvika to Hønefoss, and then taxi to Halvorsbøle (see below).
From Oslo city: Take bus 200 (Brakar) from Oslo bussterminal to Hønefoss and then taxi to Halvorsbøle (see below).
From Hønefoss: Shared taxi leaves from Hønefoss rutebilstasjon at 17:20 and costs NOK 150. Sign up by adding info in the comment field when you register for the retreat, or by contacting Acem no later than two weeks before the retreat begins.
From Jevnaker: Shared taxi leaves from Jevnaker rutebilstasjon at 15:30 and 16:30 and costs NOK 100. Sign up by adding info in the comment field when you register for the retreat, or by contacting Acem no later than two weeks before the retreat begins.
What to bring
● Indoor clothes and shoes/slippers
● Shoes and clothes for outdoor walks, including warm clothes and rain gear (Halvorsbøle is situated on the lake Randsfjord and surrounded by a pleasant terrain for walking)
● Comfortable clothes for the basic yoga instruction arranged during the retreat
● A swimsuit if you like to take a swim (though the water may be chilly even in the summer)
● The book Practical Guide to Acem Retreats, which provides useful information for the practice of long meditations at retreats
● The book Meditative Yoga, which will be useful both for experienced and less experienced yoga practitioners (during the retreat, daily practice of yoga is recommended, at deepening retreats preferably one hour daily)
● Both books are available online or can be bought at the retreat center
● Abstaining from coffee 2-3 days before the retreat may make the transition to the rhythm of the retreat easier.
The retreat centre
● Halvorsbøle is a non-smoking area and an alcohol-free retreat center.
● All meals are lacto-vegetarian.
● All rooms have hair-dryers.
● Free wi-fi will usually be available.
● Payment for shared transport, books, etc. may be done by credit card.
● Address: Acem International Retreat Centre Halvorsbøle, NO-3520 Jevnaker, Norway.