Two-week Training in Interpersonal Communication
Course type: Training in Interpersonal Communication
This course is a rare opportunity to explore your personality and the way you interact with others in an open and reflective atmosphere. The training is suitable both for first-timers and people with previous experience from Acem's communication courses.
- Course starts
- Saturday 14 June 2014, 12:00
- Course ends
- Saturday 28 June 2014, 14:00
- Course number
The benefits of this personal growth experience will be felt in your professional and private life. The course provides opportunities to enhance:
- empathy and sensitivity
- interpersonal social skills
- leadership qualities
- conflict management
- understanding of group-dynamics
Communication courses of this kind have been developed in Scandinavia since 1970 by medical doctors and psychologists with an interest in Acem Meditation and self-understanding.
Each communication group has 6-9 participants and 1-2 leaders, and meets for two daily sessions throughout the course. The open and reflective atmosphere provides an opportunity to explore and develop the way you interact with others, as well as your listening skills. It is a means to obtain a deeper understanding of your personality and its formative events. The focus is sometimes on group interaction and sometimes on individual issues and personality.
In addition to the group meetings with the facilitator, the communication groups also have meetings and activities that do not involve the facilitators. At those meetings the participants may rate each other regarding their contributions to the group process and its likes. Some evenings, informal social gatherings are arranged. Daily, the participants hand in self-reports and inventories. Diary writing is also included in the programme. Towards the end of the training course, there will be plenary sessions, and the keys to the interpretations of the inventories will be discussed.
Typical daily programme
0815 - 0915 Breakfast
0930 - 1200 Communication groups
1215 - 1300 Lunch
1315 - 1615 Work tasks, walk, self-evaluation
1615 - 1745 Communication groups
1800 - 1930 Dinner
1930 - 2115 Self-activated groups
2130 - Social gathering, Diary and daily report
Ca. 2300 Good night
Interviews with previous participants
- "Coming home alive." Jan Claudius
- "Better to ride the horse than be stuck in the stirrup." Ingelin Rössland
- "90 years old and on the road to reconciliation." Berit Østbye
- "This will make my life more colourful." Olga Leschen
- "An extraordinary course." Edwin McGillavry
- "Svein Strømberg at the Acem communication course."
- "I communicate better with patients and families." Jacqueline Robert
The course is arranged by Acem International School of Meditation
The course is open to those who have learnt Acem Meditation. Scandinavian-speaking and English-speaking groups will be available. Evening seminars will be in Scandinavian, with simultaneous translation when needed. A limited number of places for non-Scandinavian participants will be available until 15 February 2014.
Discounted course fees:
The course fees above are only for participants residing outside Scandinavia.
● The fee includes full board (lacto-vegetarian diet) and ensuite accommodation in a single room.
● Discount for full-time students. If the course is fully booked, student discount may entail accommodation in double room.
● If you cancel your registration before 20 May, your course fee will be refunded minus an administration fee of EUR 30. If you cancel your reservation after 20 May, your course fee will only be refunded if your cancellation is due to illness or other serious reasons.
Information, registration and payment
● Participants residing in Scandinavia:
Contact Acem Norway
● Participants residing outside Scandinavia:
Use "Registration and payment" button at the top of this column. For info, contact Acem International.
● Registrations close on 20 May, 2014.
Arrival and departure
Shared transport will be arranged from Oslo Airport Gardermoen (not Oslo Airport Torp or Oslo Airport Rygge) on 14 June at 11.30am, as well as back to the airport on 28 June at 2pm (estimated arrival: 3:30pm).
Founder of Acem. Psychiatrist.