If you are planning to attend an international retreat at Acem International Retreat Centre Halvorsbøle, please read the information below. In addition, click a link in the right column to obtain information on the programme, deadlines, fees and course number of the retreat you plan to attend.
● The course fee includes full board and ensuite accommodation in a single room.
● The early-bird course fee is only available to participants residing outside Scandinavia, and only before the early-bird fee deadline.
● Student discount is only available to full-time students. Student ID must be shown upon arrival. If the course is fully booked, student discount may entail accommodation in a double room. Full-time students of 30 years or less may apply for a student scholarship.
● If a registration is cancelled before the cancellation deadline, the course fee will be refunded minus an administration fee of EUR 60. If a reservation is cancelled after the cancellation deadline, the course fee will only be refunded if the cancellation is due to illness or other serious reasons.
Registration and payment
● The course fee must be paid in full before the registration deadline.
● The easiest way to pay is by clicking the "Registration and payment" button on the course presentation page and use your own credit card or PayPal account.
● You can also transmit the fee to Acem's bank account by using swift. Kindly write the course number in the payment information. You will receive a confirmation when your payment has been registered. Please show the payment receipt when you check in at the retreat.
- Bank name: Nordea Bank Norge ASA
- Bank address: Pb 1166 Sentrum, NO-0107 Oslo, Norway
- Swiftcode/BIC: NDEANOKK
- Country code: NO
- IBAN (account) number: NO 7560260504021
Arrival and departure
● Shared transport will be arranged:
- from Oslo Airport Gardermoen (not Oslo Airport Torp or Oslo Airport Rygge) on the first day of the retreat at 4.30pm, as well as back to the airport on the last day of the retreat at 2pm (estimated arrival: 3:30pm). If your flight is delayed, the bus may have to leave without you. A taxi from the airport to the retreat centre costs approximately NOK 1200.
- from the outskirts of Oslo city (outside the bank DNB, straight up from Røa metro station) on the first day of the retreat at 4pm, as well as back to Oslo on the last day of the retreat at 2pm (estimated arrival: 4pm).
The transport costs EUR 25 one way, to be paid at the reception. Please sign up for shared transport by contacting Acem no later than two weeks before the retreat begins; leave your mobile phone number, flight number and scheduled arrival time.
● It is also possible to take a bus from Oslo Airport Gardermoen (bus stop 35) to Jevnaker and then take a taxi to the retreat centre (or arrange for someone to pick you up at Jevnaker), though there are only a few departures every day, and particularly few on Saturdays. (At the moment of writing, the only departures from the airport on Saturdays are at 10.05am and 2.15pm, and the latter is more than an hour after the course has started. The schedule may change, please check the website of the bus company.) A taxi from Jevnaker to the retreat centre costs approximately NOK 250-300.
What to bring
● Indoor clothes and shoes/slippers
● Shoes and clothes for outdoor walks, including warm clothes and rain gear (Halvorsbøle is situated on the lake Randsfjord and surrounded by a pleasant terrain for walking)
● Comfortable clothes for the basic yoga instruction arranged during the retreat
● A swimsuit if you like to take a swim (though the water may be chilly even in the summer)
● The book Practical Guide to Acem Retreats, which provides useful information for the practice of long meditations at retreats
● The book Meditative Yoga, which will be useful both for experienced and less experienced yoga practitioners (during the retreat, daily practice of yoga is recommended, at deepening retreats preferably one hour daily)
● Both books are available online, or can be bought at the retreat centre.
The retreat centre
● Halvorsbøle is a non-smoking area and an alcohol-free retreat centre.
● All meals are lacto-vegetarian.
● All rooms have hair-dryers.
● Free wi-fi will usually be available.
● Address: Acem International Retreat Centre Halvorsbøle, NO-3520 Jevnaker, Norway.