If you are planning to attend the Training in Interpersonal Communication, please read the information below. In addition, click a link in the right column to obtain information on the programme, deadlines, course fees and course number of the course you plan to attend.
Who may participate?
● The course is open to those who have learned Acem Meditation.
● All participants are expected to attend the training from beginning till its completion.
● Participants are recommended not to have any other obligations during the training.
● If you are going through a major personal crisis or you are in need of professional treatment and follow-up for mental problems, you are generally not recommended to participate.
● The course fee includes full board and ensuite accommodation in a single room.
● The early-bird course fee is only available to participants residing outside Scandinavia, and only before the early-bird fee deadline.
● Student discount is only available to full-time students. Student ID must be shown upon arrival. If the course is fully booked, student discount may entail accommodation in a double room. Full-time students of 30 years or less may apply for a student scholarship.
● If a registration is cancelled before the cancellation deadline, the course fee will be refunded minus an administration fee of EUR 60. If a reservation is cancelled after the cancellation deadline, the course fee will only be refunded if the cancellation is due to illness or other serious reasons.
Registration and payment
● The course fee must be paid in full before the registration deadline.
● The easiest way to pay is by clicking the "Registration and payment" button on the course presentation page and using your own credit card or PayPal account.
● You can also transmit the fee to Acem's bank account by swift. Kindly write the course number in the payment information. Please show the payment receipt when you check in at the retreat.
- Bank name: Nordea Bank Norge ASA
- Bank address: Pb 1166 Sentrum, NO-0107 Oslo, Norway
- Swiftcode/BIC: NDEANOKK
- Country code: NO
- IBAN (account) number: NO 7560260504021
Arrival and departure
● Shared transport will be arranged:
- from Oslo Airport Gardermoen (not Oslo Airport Torp or Oslo Airport Rygge) on the first day of the course at 12 noon, as well as back to the airport on the last day of the course at 2pm (estimated arrival: 3:30pm).
- from the outskirts of Oslo city (outside the bank DNB, straight up from Røa metro station) on the first day of the course at 11am, as well as back to Oslo on the last day of the course at 2pm (estimated arrival: 4pm).
The transport costs EUR 25 one way, to be paid at the reception. Please sign up for shared transport by contacting Acem before the registration deadline; leave your mobile phone number, flight number, and scheduled arrival time.
● It is also possible to take a bus from Oslo Airport Gardermoen (bus stop 35) to Jevnaker and then take a taxi to the retreat centre (or arrange for someone to pick you up at Jevnaker), though there are only a few departures every day, and particularly few on Saturdays. (At the moment of writing, the only departures from the airport on Saturdays are at 10.05am and 2.15pm, and the latter is more than an hour after the course has started. The schedule may change, please check the website of the bus company.) A taxi from Jevnaker to the retreat centre costs approximately NOK 250-300.
What to bring
● In addition to indoor clothes and shoes/slippers, you are advised to bring shoes and clothes for outdoor walks, including a warm sweater and rain gear. Halvorsbøle is situated on the lake Randsfjord and surrounded by a pleasant terrain for walking.
● On some days the programme includes outdoor group activities, involving simple maintenance work, gardening etc., and you may want to bring suitable clothing for these activities.
The retreat centre
● Halvorsbøle is a non-smoking area and an alcohol-free retreat centre.
● All meals are lacto-vegetarian.
● All rooms have hair-dryers.
● Free wi-fi will usually be available.
● Address: Acem International Retreat Centre Halvorsbøle, NO-3520 Jevnaker, Norway.
● Telephone: (+47) 6131 2900